Event detail for site: Llangua
c. 1300: Lands
In the fourteenth century Llangua's holdings in Wales were considered part of the Livers Ocle estate.
The Heads of Religious Houses in England and Wales, III, 1377-1540, ed. David M. Smith (CUP: Cambridge, 2008) p. 189
Other events in the history of this site
pre 1183: Foundation - The priory was founded before 1183 when the manor and church of Llangua were granted to Lyre Abbey in Normandy, to establish an alien priory. [2 sources]
c.1268x1270: Patronage - Edmund (‘Crouchback’), earl of Lancaster and son of Henry III, instigated an enquiry concerning his rights over the priory as patron. [1 sources]
c.1291: Wealth - The Taxatio of Nicholas IV refers to the church of Llangua, held by the procurator of Lyre for 10s. [5 sources]
c.1300: Lands - In the fourteenth century Llangua's holdings in Wales were considered part of the Livers Ocle estate. [1 sources][1 archives]
c.1337: Custody - During the Hundred Years War, the Crown took control of Lyre’s properties. [1 sources][1 archives]
1414: Ownership - Llangua was granted to the Carthusian house of Sheen. [2 sources]
c.1535: Wealth - According to the Valor Ecclesiasticus the manor of Llangua was valued at £2. [2 sources][1 archives]
1539: Dissolution - The Carthusian house of Sheen retained Langua and its other Welsh properties until its suppression in 1539. [1 sources]
© All material on this website is copyright Monastic Wales unless otherwise noted.